Treaty Investor Countries
Albania, Argentina, Armenia Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia Ethiopia, Finland, France Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea (South), Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia
E1/E2 - Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Visas Traders and investors, their families, and qualified employees may be eligible for entry under the E category. Requirements include:
- national of a country that has a particular commercial treaty with the United States (partial list above);
- "substantial" investment in a company in the U.S., or regular trading with the U.S. (although there is no set number, for E2 investor category, what is recommended is a $75,000-$100,000 minimum investment);
- must have principal investor or "key employee" status in this company
- Business must have at least 3 to 4 us citizen (W-2) employees.
- Can not be a home based business.
- Must show a reasonable manager salary $35,000 to $50,000 and profit equal to managers salary on the tax returns for the last 2 years.
- for E2 investor, must not depend on income from the investment as sole source of income unless such income is far beyond what is necessary to support principal E2 holder and his/her dependents;
- visas in the E category can be extended indefinitely, as long as the trading or investment activity in the U.S. continues;
- E visas do NOT lead to permanent residence (the green card) for principal investors and traders;
- E2 investor classification was not designed for retirees, for philanthropists as such, or for the employees of nonprofit organizations.
*This is only meant as a rough outline and Vincenzo LoCricchio Jr. P.A. / Transworld Business Brokers Central Florida makes no claims as to the accuracy of this information. Immigration matters can be quite complex and we reccommend that anyone pursing this option should get in touch with a Member of the American Immigration Layers Association.